The Loan Officer is responsible for identifying, acquiring, and expanding community development lending opportunities in target markets with a focus on providing loan financing and technical assistance to small businesses and nonprofit organizations. The Loan Officer will work closely with borrowers and key stakeholders to find solutions, and effectively manages the loan process from origination through booking, and will continue to actively manage the borrower relationship throughout the term of the loan. The Loan Officer will analyze, structure, and negotiate credit requests.
- Conduct proactive outreach to target underserved markets and communities to cultivate new lending opportunities.
- Respond to referrals (internal and external) in a timely, professional manner.
- Promote CommunityWorks loan services and products and business services resources to prospective borrowers, community organizations, and other community partners.
- Represent CommunityWorks in public forums, facilitate community outreach efforts, and other activities that promote lending activities.
- Gathers personal information about clients and businesses to ensure that an informed decision is made regarding the creditworthiness of the borrower and the probability of repayment.
- Analyzes and verifies borrower loan application to determine his or her creditworthiness.
- Provides guidance to prospective borrowers who have problems qualifying for traditional loans.
- Determines the most appropriate type of loan for a particular borrower, and explains specific requirements and restrictions associated with the loan.
- Reviews submitted loan application file to analyze, interpret and evaluate financial information and loan documentation to assess borrower capacity, cash flows, character, collateral and condition to honor his or her obligations.
- Conducts a comprehensive industry and financial analysis and risk assessment and to determine appropriate loan terms and repayment schedule.
- Insure loan requests comply with loan underwriting, product and program policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit credit memorandums to Director of Lending and/or loan committee for approval.
- Assist with loan closing functions, including preparation of loan documents in consultation with appropriate staff members and legal counsel.
Client Relationship Management
- Guides borrowers through the application process by proactively reaching out to the prospective borrower, obtain basic information about the purpose of the loan and explain the different types of loans and credit terms that are available to the applicant.
- Answers questions about the process and assist borrowers in filling out the application if necessary.
- Works closely with technical assistance staff to guide business owners around best business practices to include: business and strategic planning, capital structures and financing options, marketing, sales, and human resource management to grow and expand funded businesses.
- Work closely with loan collections staff to contact borrowers with delinquent loan accounts to help them find a method of repayment in order to avoid their defaulting on the loan.
- Maintain accurate files of current borrowers.
- Understands, adopts, and adheres to organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in office and business management or related field.
- Intermediate financial skills and ability to develop and interpret financial statements
- Working knowledge of loan documentation terminology and methodology.
- Analytical, math, and auditing skills with the willingness to use qualitative and quantitative data in decision making
- Knowledge and proficiency working with MS Office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases and other office software applications.
- Strong spreadsheet and data skills.
- Excellent oral communication skill & writing skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently and in a collegial and collaborative team environment.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and mission-driven environment.
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions.
- Personal maturity, professional discretion, emotional intelligence, strong work ethic, task-oriented, highly responsive to the day to day needs of the organization, ability to work effectively with arrange of personnel, including the CEO, the management team, other professional staff.
- Ability to organize multi-faceted & diverse assignments, manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Cheerful presence, patience, social and communication skills, enthusiasm, consistently positive attitude.
- High energy, flexibility and drive to work in an entrepreneurial organization. High tolerance for ambiguity, changing demands, and multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, accuracy, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Passion for affordable housing, community development, social justice.
- A commitment and ongoing interest in working in the non-profit field.
To apply please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.